Sometimes it’s hard to get the writing juices flowing. Here are 10 creative writing prompts to help get you going!
- You are 17 years old and all adults on earth 18 and older have just vanished.
- Tell a story from the perspective of a painting in a museum.
- Every so often a dream catcher must be “emptied” of the nightmares it has caught. Who does it and what do they see?
- “I was sentenced to die…”
- At birth, everyone has the date they will die tattooed on their arm. You were supposed to die yesterday.
- Write a story set in a world where crying is forbidden.
- Write about a dragon who rescued then princess from the knight.
- Write a story that starts with a word that you pick from the dictionary at random.
- Choose a line from a song. Use it as the first sentence of a scene or story.
- Write a book where the main character slowly falls in love with the reader.
Like my “Crazy cool writing prompts” board on Pinterest for more ideas!