We continually add to this page as we come across sites and resources for authors, aspiring writers, book lovers and anything else that may be useful so be sure to check back!
- Amazon Author Central– allows you to set up a profile, Twitter & Blog feed, and add descriptions to your books on Amazon
- Goodreads– site for book reviews, recommendations & discussion
- DIY Author– educates and empowers writers with tools and resources to successfully develop, publish, and market their work with confidence
- Wise Ink– an online community created to help passionate authors through the hurdles of publishing
- Book Cover Pro– Beautifully designed book covers made simple by you!
- BookDaily– set up a free author account to promote your book to readers (post book excerpts, author bio, book trailer, author website link, etc.)
- How to Make a Free Book Trailer– YouTube video by Author Kathy Wheeler who shows you step-by-step how to create a free book trailer
- Publisher’s Weekly Article: “How to Self-Publish A Book”
For aspiring writers:
- Now Novel– a site that helps aspiring authors turn an idea into a book and finish it. Period. (If you don’t sign up for the site, at the very least follow the blog!)
- Kindle Worlds– write fan fiction stories in one of Amazon’s licensed “Worlds” and have it published and available for purchase on Amazon.com!
- List of Literary Magazines in the US
- Go Teen Writers– contests, encouragement and community for young writers
- Character Development Exercises– write a realistic, 3-Dimensional character by answering these character development prompts
For author’s assistants:
- Authors Assistant Training Course– developed by renowned book coach, Jan B. King, this course certifies you as a Professional Authors Assistant and covers everything an author’s assistant needs to know–writing services, publishing services, marketing services, and more.
- Random Thing Picker– great for picking winners for virtual contests
- Pinstamatic– create pins from quotes to upload on Pinterest
For avid readers: